4 tbsp. butter (1/2 stick)
1 cup dark brown sugar
8 oz. dark rum
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
1. Melt the butter, then add brown sugar. Let this mixture caramelize over a low heat for about 5 minutes. Stir in the rum. Heat rum until it is warm. Add the bananas, cook for about 1 - 2 minutes.
2. Now it's show time! The easiest way to light the rum ( but not the cleanest) is to move pan off center of your flame and tip slightly, until the rum catches fire in the gas flame. Once lit, tip pan back to level.
3. Designate a helper/fireman with fire extinguisher just in case.
4. Agitate to keep the flame burning, and add a few pinches of cinnamon to the flame. The cinnamon will sparkle in the blue flame.
5. Let the flames go out. Serve over vanilla ice cream.